Why does membership matter?
- Church membership celebrates our common spiritual relationship with Christ and one another.
- Church membership unites you with God’s chosen messenger and His eternal mission of love in the world.
- Church membership empowers and enables you to live more effectively for Jesus.
What are the requirements?
- A personal relationship with Jesus.
- Believer’s baptism by immersion in obedience to Jesus’ command.
- A personal commitment to God’s work at Riva Trace Baptist Church (Vision, Goals, Direction, Values, Purposes).
What are the benefits?
- Membership defines lines of ministry responsibility in times of tough decisions.
- Membership helps you stand against the tide of our cultural lack of commitment.
- Membership encourages our spiritual growth.
- Membership gives you the blessing and protection of a spiritual family.
- Membership moves you from a spectator to a participant and makes all of your spiritual life better.
- When you join a local church, you join yourself with God’s work in the world; an eternal significance is attached to what you are doing.
What are my responsibilities?
- Protect the Unity of The Church.
- Share in the Mission of The Church.
- Serve in the Ministry of The Church.
- Protect the Testimony of The Church.
- Give to support the ongoing ministry of The Church.
If you feel God is leading you to join our church family …
- Express your desire for membership by calling the church office or filling out a connection card and attending the 3 week membership class.
- Complete a membership application card (located in the church office) and return the card to the church office.
- Meet with a Deacon or Elder to share about how you came to know Christ personally and when you followed Him in baptism. Any questions you may have about the church will be answered at that time.
What happens when the above process is complete?
- The Elders receive the completed membership application card and vote to receive new members into the church family at their monthly meeting. The church will be notified through the Sunday Worship Program.
- You will receive an official membership letter from the church office, including basic information encouraging you to “join in” and ways to help you be more involved